Sunday, August 12, 2018

Once Upon A Farm

Wow.  Just wow.  I love this book so much.  I have seen Rory and Joey in person at a Zac Brown concert.  A few years later I learned about her illness.  She has Indiana roots, so there were stories about her life in the local news.  Their daughter Indy is so precious, and I've enjoyed seeing updates on Instagram when Rory will post a picture or story.  Lots of good stuff! His new book has lots of stories about the past and present.  Things he has lived through and the lessons he has learned or lessons he is till trying to learn.  One thing I've learned that is that things are always changing.  Surprises, good or bad, are just one breath away.


"Ain't that how life is?  It's never really easy.  It takes twists and turns and goes in directions you don't want it to go.  You're hoping for smooth sailing today, and the wind suddenly kicks up and spins your boat around in a completely different direction.  And all you can so is hang on and try not to capsize.

It used to disappoint me that life couldn't be simpler.  But I've learned to embrace it.  To do more than embrace it.  To love that life is that way.  That the crazy ride is what life actually is, when it is at its best."

*I was gifted this book in exchange for my review.  Opinions are mine.  Thanks to BookLook Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment