Friday, March 11, 2011

Mine Is The Night


I met Liz Curtis Higgs many years ago at a book signing (I had never heard of her, nor read any of her books!). Now that I have read several of her books, I wish I could meet her again and be her friend! I would love to travel to Scotland with her (which she does when researching for her books).

This is the 6th historical novel I have read by Liz. And this has become my favorite. It took me 5 days to read all 442 pages of it. Once I started reading, I did not want to put it down.

The character Marjory has lost her sons, her possessions, and her place in society (all things she loved more than The Lord); she and her widowed daughter-in-law are looking to start a new life and are trusting in The Lord to provide for their every need. This riveting story will help the reader see how God works in everything. Marjory says towards the end of the book, "You have dealt kindly with me after all, Lord. You have, You have! I came home empty, and you filled me to overflowing". I pray I will be filled to overflowing like Marjory!

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses, and disappointments; but let us have patience, and we soon shall see them in their proper figures." ~Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment