Sunday, April 19, 2015

Better All the Time *Review*


This is a brand new author for me to read.  Carre Armstrong Gardner is married (like me), has three boys (like me), and is also a nurse (like me!).  The book I read is the second book (of a 3 part series) in the Darling Family.  I've always wondered if authors write all three books at once or if they write one book at a time.  I don't know which would be harder to do.  I have yet to write a book, so I have no idea what the process is like.

This being the second Darling Family novel, I was introduced to several characters.  A large family with kids of all different ages plus some foster kids sprinkled in the mix.  This book concentrates mainly on two sisters.  One who just got a job at the local community theatre and another who is working her way through nursing school.  Both of them are single and seem to be "looking" for someone special, and one of the sisters, Sephy, is on a weight loss journey.  She lacks self confidence and is put in a couple different situations that addresses this problem she needs to deal with.

I really enjoyed getting to know this family.  They have a Thursday evening dinner ritual where everyone is invited...no invitation required, which I think is a great idea.  Towards the end of the book, the parents are given some difficult news about the father's health.  With Christmas, a Christmas Day wedding, and their annual New Year's Eve party to plan, they decide to wait to share the news with the family.  I'm thinking this will be discussed in the next book.  I'm looking forward to it already!!

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment