Saturday, April 30, 2011

iShine Bible

First of all, what is a tween? I have seen this word used in the media, at our library, and in advertising. I found the following definition online: "A child between middle childhood and adolesence, usually between 8 and 12 years old". It is a combination of the two words teen and between. So by this definition, I am the parent of a tween. So I was very excited to receive a copy of this New Living Translation iShine Bible to review.

Here's what I love about this Bible:

*The compact size. It could easily fit in my son's cargo pants pocket!
*The new translation. Our teaching minister just switched to this translation, so now my son has his own copy.
*There are 3 sections for deeper study which include VALUE, IDENTITY, & PURPOSE (making the reader a VIP in God's eyes)


Here's what my ten year old liked about the Bible:

*Cool graphics & pictures
*A Bible just for tweens like me!
*"I can't wait to take this to my Sunday School class!"

I though I would include my son's favorite verse in the new translation. "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment