Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Sudden Glory

I am a girl who has lots of issues.  I am totally willing to admit this.  I have areas I really struggle in, and I have issues that I think I have all figured out.  Then something out of the blue creeps up, and I realize I really didn't have it all figured out!  I can be a very jealous person.  I compare myself to others way too much.  I see things that I want very badly.  I think I deserve more.  I wish life was easy for me.  I don't like struggling or working too hard.

All that being said, it is a little difficult for me to read a book like A Sudden Glory.  I am a fixer and after reading a chapter, I immediately go into fix-it mode.  When sometimes I need to just step back and let God work in my life.  I know.  Easier said than done!



Have you ever looked at someone's life and thought, I want to do what she's doing.  I want to have the impact on others that she is having.  I want the ministry she has. Unfortunately, I have fallen into that    trap many times.  But then God reminds me of His words: "I know the plans I have for you" (Jeremiah 29:11).  His plan for me is uniquely choreographed.  His plan for you is uniquely choreographed.... planned to a T.  Sometimes the choreography will make perfect sense in your limited understanding, and other times it may make no sense at all.  But be sure of this: God always has a plan.  (pages 126 & 127)

The study guide offered at the end of the book is an excellent resource if you are looking for a women's book study.  The study offers a lot of scripture references for a deeper understanding of each chapter in the book.

*I was given a free book in exchange for my review.  The opinions are mine.*

No comments:

Post a Comment