Saturday, October 6, 2012

GREAT BOOK FOR TWEEN GIRLS

I wish I were twelve years old again (okay, not really).  But I do wish I could have read this book when I was twelve.  It would have helped me realize that a lot of my feelings and emotions were normal.  I think every twelve year old girl on the planet wants to know she is normal.
Have you ever thought....

There are a lot of scary things going on in the world.  Am I safe?

Why do babies die?  It's so unfair!  They didn't even get a chance to live.

How am I supposed to pray?  Some people want me to pray out loud, but I'm kind of embarrassed to do that.

How am I supposed to know what is true and what is a lie?

In this incredible devotion book by Sandra Byrd, she answers questions like these and more!  Each daily devotion starts with a great question, a short paragraph with an answer, then scripture to back up what was just taught, and a challenge for the day.  This would be a great gift for any tween girl in your life.

What exactly is a tween girl?  Well according to Wikipedia, a tween is preadolescent, that is, the stage between middle childhood and adolescence in human development, in the range of 10 to 12 years old.

*I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for my review.  The opinions are mine.*

1 comment:

  1. Dear Denise,

    I wouldn't want to be 12 again, either, but that's one of the reasons I like to write devos for them. Tough years! But they have so much to offer. And they are all so normal, as you aptly point out.

    Thank you very much for reading and reviewing my devo. I know a lot of books call to bloggers and I'm grateful that you chose to review mine!

    Blessings,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete