Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Take Flight! {Review}


I love to read books and collect quotes from them.  I have a notebook that I use specifically for book quotes.  I have to say that I have more quotes from the Sisterchick books than any other books I have read.  Robin Jones Gunn is definitely a gifted author, and I love the wisdom and Truth that her words speak to me.  So I was very excited to read her devotional book that she co-authored with her dear friend Cindy Hannan.

According to the book, a SISTERCHICK is "a friend who shares the deepest wonders of your heart, loves you like a sister, and provides a reality check when you're being a brat."  Who doesn't need sisterchicks in her life?

What I love about this devotional is that each chapter begins with a quote from one of the sisterchick books.  Then the authors take turns sharing stories and wisdom from real life and the Bible.  At the end of each devotional they share a practical application for everyday life.  {What good is learning something new then having no way to apply it?}  

I think this would be a great devotional book to buy one for yourself and give another one to a friend.  The two of you could read this book and talk about it over coffee at Starbucks! {one of my favorite places to meet and talk!}

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my review from blogging for books.  The opinions are mine.*

No comments:

Post a Comment