Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Robertson Family Christmas Review

If you've ever watched the Robertson family on their hit television show Duck Commander, you know they are all about Faith, Family, and Ducks.  They are also a lot of fun!  I have watched many an episode and thought to myself Wow!  I would really like to go hang out with them.  They seem like they are always having a great time.  And they are always eating really good food!  

In this new book written by Miss Kay Robertson (with Travis Thrasher), one lucky boy, Hunter, gets to do just that.  After winning a contest he knew nothing about, this teenage boy gets to go spend the week of Christmas with Willie and Korie Robertson and all their kids.  This Chicago city boy gets to meet the West Monroe country boys.  He is really not excited about the week, but the Robertson clan does not disappoint.  Hunting trips, cooking lessons, Christmas traditions, and just plain fun are all a part of the Hunter's week!


Another big part of spending time with the Robertsons is learning all about their faith and how they live it out in their daily lives.  A big part of this wisdom comes from Phil Robertson.  Although resistant at first, Hunter becomes open to this at the end of the week.  It is a blessing to see how much influence this family had on this teenager's life.  

This is a quick read, and I will add it to my basket of Christmas books for sure.  I am a part of the Tyndale Blog Network, and they sent me a book to giveaway to one reader.  To enter, please leave a comment with your favorite Christmas tradition.  I will choose a winner on November 13th and send a copy of the book to them.  I'm excited to share this book with one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment