Monday, November 29, 2010

31 DAYS

I love the season of Advent. I love preparing for Christmas. I love getting excited with my kids about Christmas. I want my kids to remember that Christmas is really about Christ and not all about them. My boys are nine and five (twins), so I try to make it simple when it comes to advent. We light a candle and read a passage of scripture every night. When my boys get a little older, I will share this awesome book with them. This book is all about taking time out our busy lives to prepare room for Him. There is a simple passage to read every day in December, questions to discuss after reading, and Bible verses to emphasize each day's point.

In the words of the author, "The busyness of December can easily crowd out contemplation of the amazing reality of God's coming to live among us as one of us. I hope your family will overcome the empty busyness of this season and that in your home, every heart will prepare room for Jesus." Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment