Monday, December 17, 2012

Happier At Home

I will admit when my husband saw this book, he said "Happier at home?  I don't think so!  You need to work more.  That will make you (and me) happier!"  I know he was just kidding. 

I work away from home 20 hours a week. I think it is the perfect amount of hours.  It gives me three days each week that I can get stuff done while the kids are in school.  

One of my favorite things to do on a quiet winter afternoon is read.  So I was very excited when I got the chance to read Gretchen Rubin's newest book. This is the first book of hers that I have read, and I am really excited to share it with friends.
Each month, Gretchen picks a few goals she wants to work on.  These goals are things that have been driving her crazy in her home (like organizing her thousands of photos) or things she know she could do better (like holiday celebrations).  And then each month she gives an update on her progress.  

I love how she makes small attainable goals each month.  It is encouraging to me as a reader to realize that change is possible.  And if I work hard enough at completing a task, the end result is deeply satisfying.

I encourage you to check out Gretchen Rubin's website, The Happiness Project.  My favorite part of the site is the Daily Quotes section. I am a quote collector, and have found some of my new favorite quotes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment