Sunday, December 16, 2012

No greater LOVE than Jesus!

I cannot believe Christmas is in nine short days!  I know Christmas comes every year on December 25th, but for some reason this year has gone incredibly fast.  I have done minimal decorating this year.  I have not really done much shopping yet.  It just feels like we have been busy busy busy!  I do know Christmas will happen if I am ready or not.  And I do know that for some reason this year we are choosing to focus more on LOVE this year.  

I think God has been trying to teach me about love since January.  There have been so many times that love has come up in conversation.  Our MOMSnext (a branch of MOPS International) theme verse this year is "love as if your life depended on it."  I have watched and listened to sermons about love.  As a wife, mom, leader, nurse, and friend it can be so hard to be loving.  I recently watched an Unglued video session by Lysa Terkeurst.  Her challenge was to choose the right thing (being loving) instead of the easy thing (reacting with sarcasm, anger, or other harmful emotions).  So this has been my challenge to myself.  And this Dayspring Christmas tree skirt is a constant reminder!


Greater love has no man than this:

To lay down one's life for one's friends.  John 15:13

To me that is what Christmas is all about.  Love like Jesus.  Love as if my life depended on it!  Love because it is the right thing to do, not the easy thing to do!  You are more than welcome to check out the DaySpring collection for yourself.  I think you will find reminders of what the Christmas season really is all about!


*DaySpring provided me with this Christmas tree skirt.  The picture and opinions are mine.*


No comments:

Post a Comment