Thursday, October 22, 2015

Year of the Dunk *A REVIEW*


Do you ever look back on your life and think, "man I wish I would have (fill in the blank)", or "gee I should have really tried to (fill in the blank)". I am a tall girl and get asked all the time what sports I played in high school. My answer is always the same....none. I often think I should have tried volleyball or basketball or softball. Who knows what might have happened. The author of this book takes this kind of question one step further when he decides to take a year and try to learn to dunk a basketball.

This book is more than his journey. It is a basketball encyclopedia with tons of information on the history of all things basketball related. I thoroughly enjoyed the facts about players and the game of basketball. He included some great stories! As a mom of three boys, I have watched my fair share of basketball in person and on television. This book has given me some good conversation starters for the next time I sit in the bleachers with fellow basketball moms.

To find out if the author learns to dunk, you'll have to read the book yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment