Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gray Matter

I have been an operating room nurse since 1997. I have seen thousands of procedures preformed by hundreds of surgeons, but I have never witnessed a surgeon pray with a patient. Dr. Levy is a neurosurgeon in California who feels led by God to pray with his patients. This book contains multiple stories where Dr. Levy has taken the courage to step out of his own comfort zone to bring glory to the ultimate Healer. This decision resulted in a huge impact in the lives of the people he interacts with on a daily basis, including his patients and their families, technicians who work with him, and other physicians. As a healthcare professional, I loved hearing about his patients, even when the outcome was not ideal. Dr. Levy is a great example to Christian physicians and healthcare providers.

In the words of Dr. Levy, "with the particular set of skills he (God) gave me, he allows me the profound privilege of having a hand in physical healing-and sometimes... helping my patients find their way to emotional or spiritual health. It is a privilege that humbles me and for which I am grateful to God with every new patient I meet."

No comments:

Post a Comment