Friday, February 18, 2011

who is my shelter?


This is book #4 in the Yada Yada House of Hope series. This story follows Gabby who has been thrown out of her home by her husband and the aftermath that has been created. Gabby is making a new life and seeking not only physical shelter, but also spiritual Shelter. The idea of God being our Shelter comes from Psalm 61..."Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge....I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings". This is a reoccurring theme in Gabby's life which makes for a great storyline.

As a girl who tries to get ahead of God and make things happen, I can totally relate to the character of Gabby. Waiting for anything is hard and never easy. This book is a great reminder to "Let go and Let God" take care of me and my surroundings. He is my Rock and my Shelter!

*To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine

No comments:

Post a Comment