Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lazarus Awakening

I am not a big fan of buying books just to sit on a bookshelf; I am definitely more of a library kind of gal. But this book is one you will want to buy, keep close, and reread many times. I first became aware of Joanna Weaver when my aunt gave me a copy of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I loved that book and tagged pages, highlighted, and underlined several passages. Joanna’s newest book Lazarus Awakening is just as good, maybe better! She takes the story of Lazarus, the one Jesus loves (John 11:3) and shows us how a relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. Just like Martha was taught, only one thing is needed .

I have to admit my favorite chapter in this book is chapter 4, When Love Tarries. Joanaa talks about her need to take control over situations when they aren’t going as planned. She wants to plot, plan, and scheme when things aren’t going so well. Yet in these times, if she listens closely, God is saying That wasn’t my plan. If you want to walk with Me, you have to SURRENDER your itinerary and TRUST Mine. This is when we must make the choice to choose the ”one thing” and not “our own thing”.

No comments:

Post a Comment