Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Heart Like His


I have been a long time fan of Beth Moore, although I have never heard her speak in person.  This is on my bucket list of things I want to do in the future.  But until then, I will have to settle with watching her on videos, listening to her on the radio, and reading her books!

So I was so excited to read this re-released book by Beth Moore, a Heart Like His.  This book offers 52 chapters about the life of David.  There are also discussion questions for each chapter at the end of the book.

The Bible identifies David as "a man after God's own heart", yet this book is filled with the problems, dilemmas, enemies, mess-ups, wrong choices, and failures in David's life.  I often-times wonder if God thinks of me as "a wife after God's own heart", or "a mother after God's own heart", or "a friend after God's own heart".  And the answer that echoes in the back of my mind is "No.  You are not loving enough, kind enough, respectful enough, friendly enough...."  And the list could go on and on.  

After reading this book and all the scripture verses included, I realize that one day I, like David, will be perfect in God's eyes.   In the meantime I can focus on my own heart and attitude and be the best I can be today!

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my review.  The opinions are mine.*

No comments:

Post a Comment